Join hospitality professionals

Enter your email address:



Get all the latest job, news, views, ideas and more FREE!!

TRENDS| TECH| Saving Hotels the Trouble of ‘Calling Around’

Here is something that I think is encouraging, but I want to put it to test with you. I think the premise is good.

http://www.hotelproxy.com

Create a website where all hotels can upload their availability online and other hoteliers can check. You can then, theoretically decide your hotel rates based on what is happening in the neighborhood.

Yes, in theory it is a cost effective way of sharing information (something like creating a google doc for ARR & ROOM OCCUPIED that Night duty Managers share with each other and sharing the damn document instead of everyone calling everyone.

But here are my misgivings:
> why would you put the truth on the website?
> Why cant you just log into travelocity or GDS for the updated room status & rates?

What do you think?














Join hospitality professionals receiving
daily updates in their mail!

Enter your email address:






Delivered by FeedBurner