Join hospitality professionals

Enter your email address:



Get all the latest job, news, views, ideas and more FREE!!

TECH| GAME|hotel.IndustryMasters.com


I got this from a friend - Akesh - so thank you.

What's it about?
I strategy game that lets to play as a hotel investor.

Who is it for?
All of you aspiring business owners or wanna-be-top-shots

What is great about it?
A game for hospitality.  Not like simulations didn't exist earlier, we posted about one used by Hilton Inn here (http://www.hospemag.com/2008/01/news-training-ultimate-team-play-first.html ) but this one is open to public.

Also a game geared towards making you think global.  I like the little touches/parameters that can be toyed to decide your strategy.

Also love the financial statements and the graphs.  Really neat.  You could learn a lot just by reading the help pdf!

What isnt?
Maybe I tried the limited trial version (my portfolio was too aggressive and not allowed to appreciate to full potential, result (not so good) pictured below) but the surely the India needs to feature prominently somewhere.

I also feel the interface a little to old fashioned.  You could have all the vital stats comeup on a simple mouseover rather than having to click all the time.

A full-on competitive angle to all the parameters could be on the dashboard as well as all the virtual companies created by other users.

If it is to be used as training tool, let the software tell the user what the ideal course of action would be to maximize the strategy intended.

of course many more features could be added ( I am trying to hook the developers to use my institute Eclat IHM - tinyurl.com/eclatihm as test institute hence the bait) but the one I am sure many would appreciate would be the option to go back a quarter and play it again.  I know in the real world only superman can turn back time, but come on, we are trying to learn & improve right?


Subscribe to The Hospitality Knowledge & Career E-Mag |www.hospemag.com by Email

Click here to make money from your cellphone>