
Snehasish Mukherjee
HEAD CHEF at COLUMBIA ASIA
Q: TELL US A LITTLE ABOUT YOURSELF.
A: I passed out my hotel management from IHM Bangalore in the year 2003. After which I joined Taj Residency Bangalore, as a Trainee Chef de Partie. It was a good learning experience as a fresher as I was swung into action from the very 1st day. Burnt my fingers to learn most of cuisines like; Oriental/Indian/Continental/Garde Manger. Until the year 2005 I underwent many on- the- job and cross exposure trainings, also got some certifications done like; HACCP & ISO14001.
On September 2005 I joined Sharjah Grand Hotel in UAE as a Garde Manger CDP. Handling a good number of people under my supervision I implemented many process relating to the storage / Hygiene and also HACCP related. Taking care of buffet/ alacarte order, and also because of my ready- to – learn attitude, I worked in the tandoor/continental section of the Coffee shop kitchen.
I was promoted as a Senior Chef de partie from the following year. The Greatest Achievement of my life till date was when I was awarded by THE CULINARY GUILD, DUBAI a certificate of merit for the presentation of tapas, canapes, finger sandwiches in the year 2008. I returned to India , got through Columbia Asia Hospital as Sous Chef in the month of January 2009. It was a “new learning phase” for me, got a grip over the entire operations and in the month of august 2009 was promoted as a Head Chef .
In Columbia Asia, when compared to different hospitals, we do not serve “Hospital Food” to normal guests who come down. We actually cater to them with a different style/ approach and with a varied range of menu which has actually acted as an Ice Breaker that----- HOSPITAL FOOD CAN ALSO BEGOOD/TASTY/HYGIENIC. Also we have been picked up by ExploCity( a foodie magazine) as a health partner; food being the key parameter.
Q: HOW IS IT WORKING IN THE HEALTH CARE INDUSTRY? BETTER OR DIFFERENT?
Click here to read the full interview