LHI: Dawn, thank you for having us today! Can you please tell us a little bit about why you chose to build a career in the hotel business?
Dawn: I always had a clear goal about wanting to work in the “people business”, so hospitality seemed like a natural choice. I started on the bottom rung in housekeeping and at reception,
and have always enjoyed customer-facing roles: this has helped me understand how a hotel is run at all levels and to see our service from a guest perspective. I first started working in hotels in Edinburgh, then gradually moved south to Leeds until coming down to Heathrow and finally central London. LHI: Did you continue to work in customer-facing roles when you moved to the capital? Dawn: Yes. My first London job was at the Royal Garden Hotel, where I worked as Front Office Manager (and also met my husband!). I was later employed at the former Mayfair Intercontinental, bought by Radisson Edwardian in 2003 and transformed into the luxury May Fair Hotel. I had in-depth knowledge of that particular hotel so was retained after the takeover and involved in its reincarnation as one of the top 5 star hotels in Mayfair.
Source
Search for Jobs in Sweden>
and have always enjoyed customer-facing roles: this has helped me understand how a hotel is run at all levels and to see our service from a guest perspective. I first started working in hotels in Edinburgh, then gradually moved south to Leeds until coming down to Heathrow and finally central London. LHI: Did you continue to work in customer-facing roles when you moved to the capital? Dawn: Yes. My first London job was at the Royal Garden Hotel, where I worked as Front Office Manager (and also met my husband!). I was later employed at the former Mayfair Intercontinental, bought by Radisson Edwardian in 2003 and transformed into the luxury May Fair Hotel. I had in-depth knowledge of that particular hotel so was retained after the takeover and involved in its reincarnation as one of the top 5 star hotels in Mayfair.
Source
Subscribe to Jobs from hospemag.com by Email
Get ALL the Jobs delivered to your Email!
Get ALL the Jobs delivered to your Email!
Subscribe to Kitchen Jobs Subscription by Email
Get the latest Jobs in Food Production delivered to you.
Get the latest Jobs in Food Production delivered to you.