Join hospitality professionals

Enter your email address:



Get all the latest job, news, views, ideas and more FREE!!

NEWS | Tough Interviews are all in the Family | Bill Marriott's Blog



From Bill Marriott's blog: I've been interviewed by some tough customers: business journalists, Wall Street analysts, hotel owners, stockholders. I didn't think anyone could throw one by me. Boy, was I was wrong. There was another type of interviewer that I couldn't prepare for, an interviewer with unprecedented "insider" knowledge – my own kids! My daughter, Debbie, grilled me on stage at Cornell University in front of an auditorium of students.
Most recently, my son, David, sat me down for an interview in front of a very discerning crowd – Marriott's senior executives. He wanted to know how I was doing since stepping down as CEO. Were we in a family therapy session? The audience seemed to enjoy it, and I wanted to share a few excerpts with you. Maybe David went easy on me after all. He's a pretty smart kid. 

  Source