Join hospitality professionals

Enter your email address:



Get all the latest job, news, views, ideas and more FREE!!

SUNIL KHERA | GENERAL MANAGER | FORTUNE INN GRAZIA

TELL US ABOUT YOUR JOURNEY. HOW DID IT ALL START?

My journey started very early since my childhood I had inclination towards the industry, my uncle owned a Restaurant and I used to visit him very frequently and enjoy interacting with guests & staff members.
After finishing my schooling I got into Hotel Management and started my career with Hotel Leela Kempinsiki Mumbai, then with ITC Mughal Sheraton Agra, Suman Motels Ltd, Richie Rich Resorts Matheran, Hotel President Jalandhar, Holiday Inn Manali and came back to ITC in 2007 at Fortune Park Klassik Ludhiana then moved to Fortune Select Global Gurgaon, Fortune Park DJ Avenue N. Delhi and finally with Fortune Inn Grazia Noida which is smart business hotel.



WHAT DO YOU THINK IT TAKES TO SUCCEED IN THIS INDUSTRY?

To be successful in this industry one has to be passionate, warm & friendly and should be a people’s person since it’s a tough industry.

WHAT ARE THE ATTRIBUTES YOU LOOK FOR WHILE SELECTING OR HIRING?

Candidate should have positive attitude, eagerness to learn, passionate about industry and should have good communication skills.

WHAT ACCORDING TO YOU CAN TRAINEES DO WHILE THEY ARE TRAINING AT HOTELS TO MAKE IT A WIN-WIN FOR THEM & THE HOTEL/UNIT?

Trainees should be very -very observant during the training period since it’s an opportunity for them to learn about all the departments of the hotel which helps them in enhancing their overall skills about the hotel.

EDITOR: TELL US A LITTLE ABOUT YOUR AVERAGE DAY

Every day is a new day in our industry which gets new challenges to face, my day starts at the lobby interacting with guests and taking feedback about our services since service is a key and a major differentiator. Then I take a hotel round with Housekeeper & Chief Engineer, after that we’ve a meeting with All HODs, after finishing routine office work I interact with associates to know their suggestions since I firmly believe in ‘’ Take care of employees better than anyone else and they will take care of customers better than anyone else”. Before calling off the day I interact with guests in the lobby & coffee shop when they come back after their days work.

EDITOR: HOW DO KEEP ABREAST OF ALL THAT IS HAPPENING IN HOSPITALITY?

I’ve subscribed to most of the industry magazines and I keep on attending the seminars related  to the industry. I also get information thru internet.

EDITOR: TWO REASONS WHY THIS INDUSTRY IS AWESOME!

Industry is awesome because it’s a great learning platform, first it gives us an opportunity to interact with people with different mind sets & experiences, secondly you’re always at your best since grooming & presentation is an essential part of our industry.

EDITOR: TWO THINGS YOU WOULD LIKE TO CHANGE ABOUT THE INDUSTRY

There is nothing as such I would like to change in the Industry since I’m still a learner.