Join hospitality professionals

Enter your email address:



Get all the latest job, news, views, ideas and more FREE!!

VIGNESH MANI | AGM | CITADINES BANGALORE

EDITOR: TELL US ABOUT YOUR JOURNEY. HOW DID IT ALL START?

It all started from Manipal , where I did my graduation from Welcomgroup Graduate School of Hotel Administration .Fell in love the with the college , place and the learning environment there .  I honed my skills in the college and later sharped it with the Management degree from IBS Hyderabad . 

EDITOR: WHAT DO YOU THINK IT TAKES TO SUCCEED IN THIS INDUSTRY?

Hard work and eagerness to learn is the mantra

EDITOR: WHAT ARE THE ATTRIBUTES YOU LOOK FOR WHILE SELECTING OR HIRING?

I look for candidates who are humble and have the passion to succeed .

EDITOR: WHAT ACCORDING TO YOU CAN TRAINEES DO WHILE THEY ARE TRAINING AT HOTELS TO MAKE IT A WIN-WIN FOR THEM & THE HOTEL/UNIT?

They need to start understanding the operations and how each operation contributes to the business. By doing this they would be able to contribute positively and would also become preferred candidates for the industry .

EDITOR: TELL US A LITTLE ABOUT YOUR AVERAGE DAY

My average day starts 8:00 in the morning. Reviewing the reports and the activities for the day .  Every day we have a strategic morning meeting which helps us to understand each Departments plan and how the team can contribute to make it better. During the day review guest needs , requests , arrival and all operational requirements.  The Mantra which I follow is to meet minimum 3 new people every day.

EDITOR: HOW DO KEEP ABREAST OF ALL THAT IS HAPPENING IN HOSPITALITY?

I am voracious reader and I follow regular reports from STR , HVS and Crisil to keep myself abreast with the happening . Magazines like Hospitality biz and Hotelier India also provide great insights to the business.

EDITOR: TWO REASONS WHY THIS INDUSTRY IS AWESOME!

The two main reason is that our  business is evolving and keeps you abreast with trend . Second it helps you to network with people from diverse back ground.  

EDITOR: TWO THINGS YOU WOULD LIKE TO CHANGE ABOUT THE INDUSTRY.

Taxes J which we pay could be reduced  and the current subsidy for Hospitality sector could be increased.